Friday, April 29, 2016

Temple Night at the Museum

In the beginning of April we went to the "Temple Night at the Museum" which was a free family night at Drexel's Academy of Natural Sciences. It was a lot of fun to go with friends and family to explore the museum and also take a tour to the site of the Philadelphia Temple that's currently being built. Have I mentioned how excited I am to have a temple SO close, SO soon?!

While the construction fence was still up around the site, it was the first time that the temple was lit up during the night time. The fence has since come down and it's getting closer to being ready every day!!

For those of you who know me pretty well, you probably know how important this is to me. Temples are sacred buildings that are extremely important to me. There will be an open house for the new temple August 10- September 3. The open house is free and open to the public. If you're interested in touring the inside of the temple with me, just let me know! I'd love for you to come with me, see the beautiful work of the temple, and learn about why it is so important.

Here's some pictures from that night of the temple and the museum.

Lorelei is pretty excited about it too!! ;)

Just taking selfies with Evan and a bear.


This made us laugh. (For those of you who don't know, my maiden name is Foulk).
First full dinosaur remains discovered in Haddonfield, NJ.

The Butterfly Exhibit:
This place taught me a few things.  Mainly that I'm actually a little afraid of butterflies..which is about one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever said? Who is afraid of butterflies?
Apparently...I am.


But they're very pretty!

And yet, the tarantula exhibit, didn't phase me a bit! They were so cool to watch!

 The LDS Philadelphia Temple:



I'm so excited to have this beautiful building be open & close to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment