Friday, April 29, 2016

General Conference April 2016

Twice a year we have an opportunity to hear from the Prophet and Apostles of the church. I love that we are blessed to live in a period of advanced technology where these words are made so accessible to anyone and everyone who would like to listen. I know that the Lord loves us and knows each of our individual circumstances. I know that these men are inspired to share the words that we all need to hear to teach, direct, inspired, and guide us.  It's always so nice to be able to enjoy a weekend of truth and encouragement.  I thought I'd include some of my favorite quotes that touched me from this most recent conference.




I'm the type of person who listens better when I'm doing something... coloring, crocheting, note taking, doodling... you name it.  I worked on a few different projects during conference but this one was my favorite. SO low key, but I love the way that it turned out. It's just a piece of white cardboard that I wrote on with Sharpie, but sometimes I think simple is the best way.
If you can't read it, it says...
"Hold him a little longer,
Rock him a little more,
Tell him another story,
(You've only told him 4),
Let him sleep on your shoulder,
Rejoice in his happy smile,
He is only a little boy,
For such a little while."

I made this for Jimmie's room. They grow up too fast don't they? I hung it right next to the chair we read in books in...because that line about stories should really say "You've only told him 7-10".  But hey... I'm not complaining that he's a good little bookworm now who likes lots of stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment