Saturday, April 23, 2016

Lorelei's Ladybug First Birthday Party

Well, there's no denying it.  This sweet little girl is already a year old!
How is that even possible? 

I was looking back through some old blog posts recently and looked back through the pictures of her birth. It was especially crazy to see the photo of her next to her bunny, which she now sleeps with every night and has started carrying around with her all over the house.

At the doctors waiting for her 1 year old check-up! 

Such a big girl! Lorelei started walking about 2-3 weeks before her birthday and gained more confidence every day. By the time February 11th rolled around, she was a pro.

Some of you know, I have a tendency to use lots of different nicknames for people.

One of my most consistently used nicknames for Lorelei is Ladybug.
What better theme than ladybug for her party?

(I've taken out some details for privacy sake. If you're planning a ladybug party too, feel free to use this and edit however you'd like- it's just a JPG file)

I also had fun making up one of these "chalkboards" with her stats. Unlike Jimmie's where I actually scripted a chalkboard that I made myself, I decided designing in a few minutes it with PicMonkey and printing it might just be... a lot easier.  Printed. Put it in a frame. 

I love that it puts all of her big stats and events in one spot!
 
This girl LOVES vegetables more than anyone I know! She doesn't even really like fruit that much which is the complete opposite of Jimmie.

Most things I like to "DIY" but this flower headband was a compromise for me. I ordered it for super cheap from this Etsy shop called Pretty In Pink Supply who sends you a kit of material and lets you assemble it on your own. Love that idea! It was super easy to use.

Having a little snack of Cheerios before the party got started...

This lady is just full of class ;) She was pretty entertained by all of the goings on

Here's a few of the snacks we made for our little ladybug!

A few things that didn't get their own picture:
Ladybug jello cups! Upside down Jello cup+ Sharpies dots + pipe cleaner antenna.
We had some flowers around that were actually...
dum-dum lollipops wrapped with streamers to make flowers. 

Strawberry halves + Blueberries + melted chocolate= DELISH (and adorable)

Going with a garden-y theme here...
  
These were my favorite! SO YUMMY. And I don't even normally like tomatoes...
We modified this recipe.  The gist of it?
Grape tomatoes + olives + Ritz crackers + cheese spread

Again with the bug/garden theme.
Grapes on a skewer!

 A very simple cake for Lorelei, but she liked it.  

She wasn't totally sure about it at first...


In fact, she didn't really care much for it until we gave her a fork.  What a lady ;


I was kind of burnt out on the idea of a big fancy cake to decorate. While I love doing it, I just wasn't feeling it this time. I wasn't really feeling cupcakes either, so when I saw these push pop containers on Amazon, I fell for them. They're reusable and pretty cool because you can use them for lots of different uses. I decided to use them for cake.


 Obviously Jimmie liked it well enough! 
I had hoped it would be a litttttttle bit less messy. Not sure how that fared.

The balloons were a hit with the kids!



Opening up some fun presents!

Sweet precious thing

Checking out the baby doll

Just love this little face she's got here. Wonder who she was giving the side eye to here...Totally meme-able. 

Some more of the decorations! 

Looking at these pictures, it blows my mind how QUICKLY she's grown up and how much a baby can change in just a month. 
And for the record, tissue paper garlands are pretty easy & fun to make! Not to mention inexpensive.

The highchair tutu was super easy.  I roughly followed this "no sew" tutorial and attached it to the tray with some stick on velcro. The nice thing is I was able to take it off of the high chair, attach the ends, and use it as a real tutu for her! (It's a little big right now, she'll need to grow into it :)

At the end of the day, we had a pretty tired but snuggly, sweet, and happy birthday girl! I can't believe that while I'm writing this--it's only been two months. She's already looking so much bigger and has had so many changes as a 14 month old little babe.

Lorelei, you keep me on my toes and keep us all laughing. Thanks for letting me be your Mommy, baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment