Wednesday, June 29, 2016

May's Relief Society Activity

Well, I was determined to get some action shots of our May activity...and I failed miserably! We focused on container gardening and had a bunch of fun! I didn't have much to contribute to this one since I don't know a thing about gardening. But it was a lot of fun to listen to Julie and Darci. Darci spoke about herb gardening and Julie about container gardening for vegetables. 
We also had people start their own herb gardens there. We planted seeds and painted tongue depressors as garden labels.  For refreshments we had a few different snacks. I brought toasted bread with fresh parsley garlic butter. It was delicious!

Julie gave out these little gifts as prizes for our beginning gardeners!

I planted Parsley, Thyme, and Basil seeds. I was so pleased to see those little seeds finally growing and pushing their way through!
I still wasn't the most successful gardener...I killed them when I tried to transfer them into bigger pots.  Oh well! At least I tried and learned things, right? I feel like I learned a lot and am more prepared for the next venture!

No comments:

Post a Comment